FLUX?

Posted:
Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:01 pm
by chingon
Is flux paste needed to make the solder joints or is that what the rosin core solder stuff is for?
I recieved my A12, chasis and psu today and will get started on this later tonight when i get home from my gig.

Posted:
Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:59 pm
by CoteRotie
Órale Chingón, ¿que onda?
In general you don't need flux, the rosin core in the solder will wet the joint and provide all the flux you need. Sometimes if the joint is something large and you want to reflow a cold joint a touch of flux can help, but so can adding just a bit of rosin core solder. I built my N72 and chassis without any flux other than what was in the solder.
Saludos,
John

Posted:
Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:58 pm
by chingon
q-vole
T kind of assumed i didn't need the flux. I slapped together a A12 last night without any and so far so good.