Page 1 of 1

N72 vs A12 for stereo rock drum overheads?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:31 am
by aphid310
Which would you choose for stereo rock drum overheads? The N72 or the A12?

I plan on getting two J99's in the future but the waiting list is long right now. I have an N72 currently. I just need a stero pair. I'm buying two more pre's and can't decide to get two A12's or one A12 and another N72.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:37 pm
by Nu-tra
The J99s are my fave for overheads. I guess I would go with A12's for overheads if my choice were between the A12 and N72

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:49 pm
by thebearingedge
Nu-tra \$m[1]:The J99s are my fave for overheads. I guess I would go with A12's for overheads if my choice were between the A12 and N72


Nu-tra, Are you using 990C's or the 797's in your J99 pre's? I'm getting sounds that are not very flattering with the 797's...

Maybe need the other op-amps?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:52 pm
by Nu-tra
990c's