Page 1 of 1

Silkscreen labels

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:53 am
by SoundBase
Hi folks,
Now that I'm almost finished with my N72, C84 and J99's, I want to add silkscreen lables to the front panel of my chassis so I remember which is which. I don't really want to add little avery sticky labels; I want something painted on.

Has anyone ever done this ? What did you do ? How easy was it ? Where can I get supplies for it ? Any good websites for silkscreening on metal audio enclosures ?

Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:18 am
by yavuz
What if youwant to change?

E.g. You have four C84s and you buy 4 more...
It makes sense that they should be on another rack together...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 7:02 am
by SoundBase
Actually I have two rack-eight N72's and four C84 and four J99s. I would have bought the A12's but I already owned four API 512's.

In any event my racks are full so I doubt much will change.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:11 am
by tele_player
Wow - THREE 'full boats'. Excellent!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:26 pm
by gltech
Soundbase,

I printed text onto a piece of Press-n-Peel and ironed it on to mine. If you haven't heard of Press-n-Peel, it's a film that you can print circuit patterns on (with toner based devices only), then "iron on" the pattern from the film to copper clad board stock to make your own PCB boards (etching required after the iron-on process).

Some people claim that some transparency materials from Staples or Office Depot, etc. work just as well.

The iron-on method is probably not that durable, but it works for me. I'm not rubbing the panel or moving the unit very much. I imagine if you coated over it with some sort of "clearcoat", it would help.

Glenn