Page 1 of 1

SCA pre uses

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:55 pm
by craigmorris74
I know that this is really subjective, but I am interested to know what you guys think the ideal uses for each of the SCA pres are. I've got an N72, but am looking to expand my rack. I'd like something especially for overheads and vocals.

Thanks,

Craig

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:34 am
by Reggie
For overheads, I really like the A12 with Nate and Bobby's sound/style of playing; but the J99's were really great on Jordan. For vocals, I really like the A12 on Doug, me, and Tom; but the J99 sounded better on Chris, Nate K, and for some things, Doug. Of course, the N72 sounded great on things too.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:48 am
by Kevin Deschwazi
If you look under "products" on the left hand menu of the main web page and then look at the "about the ....." link for each pre it will tell you a little bit about the sonic character of each module.