Page 1 of 1

Simple Cabling Question.???

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 9:22 am
by yavuz
I am sorry if this has been answered before but my search did not return the results I wanted...

So, here is the question.

I bought markertek connectors.
I want to cable my SCA pres to my Digi002.

I have some Female XLR connectors and TRS Male connectors.
How should I do the cabling?
Which pin to tip?
Which Pin to Sleeve etc...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 9:41 am
by Reggie
Cable shield: XLR pin1 - TRS sleeve
light wire (or whatever): XLR pin2 - TRS tip
other wire: XLR pin 3 - TRS ring

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 4:38 pm
by yavuz
Which one is Pin # 1?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 6:06 pm
by tele_player
Suggestion - try a web search for things like this, you'll probably get the answer more quickly.

Here's a page I gound when I Googled 'xlr pin numbers'
http://www.coutant.org/xlr.html

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:00 am
by bradb
look closely at the plastic holding the XLR pins. The pins should be labled on both sides.