Page 1 of 1
Need help ordering, Please help.!!!

Posted:
Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:31 pm
by yavuz
I just ordered 2 X j99s and Ch01KF .
Does that come with a power supply?
I would like 120/240V capable if possible?
Should I order PS03 seperately?
Or.. is it included in CH01?

Posted:
Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:23 pm
by tele_player
The PS03 is not included, so you need to order that.
Also, the J99 does not include the op amps. You can order them from John Hardy. The best choice is the 990c, and each J99 uses two of them.

Posted:
Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:08 am
by yavuz
tele_player \$m[1]:The PS03 is not included, so you need to order that.
Also, the J99 does not include the op amps. You can order them from John Hardy. The best choice is the 990c, and each J99 uses two of them.
OK, where do I order the John Hardy OpAmps?
Can you supply link tele?

Posted:
Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:15 am
by yavuz
OK, I found them but they are $50 each.
So, does that mean I need to spen $100 extra for each j99?

Posted:
Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:44 am
by tele_player
Yes, that is correct, but the result is worth it. The J99 is a wonderful preamp. Check the price on the John Hardy site for the 'Jensen Twin Servo', which is the same basic design.

Posted:
Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:11 am
by yavuz
OK, got it. Thanks.
Are there any samples to compare the all 4 pres?
I was originally thinking to make 4 X J99s + 4 X N72s
However, I am curious about A12s and C84s.
How does the sound compare?
Also, I checked out the tools list.
Where is a good source to buy them all?
I have only soldered guitar pickups sofar.
So, I have a very very cheap radio shack sodering iron and
another soldering guy which I think will not be good for fine soldering since the tip is thick.
Can you at least help me out for critical tools like
Soldering station, digital multimeter etc...?
I really appreciate this tele.
You have helped me out in DUC before buying Mac Mini as well.
Thanks...