General Questions about Ordering - chassis etc?

Post general questions or comments about electronics and kit building here. Save specific questions for the forums below.

General Questions about Ordering - chassis etc?

Postby T-rex » Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:29 pm

Hey all, just a few quick questions as I get prepared to take the leap.

1. How hard is it to build the chassis? Seems like it's not too difficult so I guess I am wondering why it's $200 more? Does the assembled chassis include an assembled and installed power supply?

2. I see tons of threads on building the power supplies, but the only Power Supply listed on the price list is Assembled for $169. Are those threads simply concerning the minimal kits that are mentioned on the PS02 page?

I think that's about it. I think I am going to buy an A12 full kit, the power supply assembled, the chassis kit and an assembled N72. This way I can start with the A12 which will be slightly easier (or less to solder) and have a fully assembled N72 to play with.

Anyway, any advice is always appreciated. I am new here but used to hang at Tape Op and now at Gearslutz and hopefully will be building a full rack of SCA once I get my feet wet and hanging around here.
Marco: You know, you throw a pretty good punch, Captain. Your dad get you boxing lessons?
Captain Murphy: No, I just got beat up a lot. So now when I get the chance I like to sucker punch people.
T-rex
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:37 am

Postby jimi » Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:07 pm

the PS03 comes fully assembled, as does the chassis. you cannot get the PS02 anymore.

when i say fully assembled, there are some pieces you must assemble yourself, such as the power switch, power indicator light, and ground wire.
jimi
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:56 am

Postby T-rex » Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:13 pm

Great, thanks for the info!
Marco: You know, you throw a pretty good punch, Captain. Your dad get you boxing lessons?
Captain Murphy: No, I just got beat up a lot. So now when I get the chance I like to sucker punch people.
T-rex
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:37 am


Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests