Page 1 of 1
Lifting a Pad from the PCB

Posted:
Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:30 pm
by cominginsecond
I'm working on my N72, and I've accidentally lifted a pad while removing a component. I don't think the pad is connected to a trace, so is it actually a big deal that it was lifted from the PCB? Do I still need to repair it/get it repaired?

Posted:
Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:36 pm
by tpryan
No, but be extra careful from now on.

Posted:
Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:12 am
by Karl
Me did stoopid thing....
I soldered the LED (D1?) in wrong on my 1st A12 (didn't notice the flat side of the bulb that matches with the flat side of the PCB!!) and had to pull it and reverse it.... In the process one of the pads looked like it lifted... I successfully soldered it back in the right way round, but should I be worried about this? I have not had a chance to power it up yet.... thought I'd ask and hopefully get an answer before I get that far....

Posted:
Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:00 pm
by Nisso27
karl i did the same thing d1 wrong way had to remove it and i lifted a pad on top side i to am wondering if this is a major issue

hope we get a word on this

Posted:
Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:34 am
by Karl
I just re-soldered it and it worked fine. I've been using my pres since late August with no problems or unwanted noise. I'm sure the connection's good and I'm not worried about it anymore. Do you have any problems with yours?