And for my next trick.......

Post general questions or comments about electronics and kit building here. Save specific questions for the forums below.

And for my next trick.......

Postby Royce » Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:34 am

Got my first one up and running, so now I'm gassing for a 2nd channel. My current preamp is the N72.

So anyway, I was trying to decide.... I frequently hear it is good to get matched pairs (which I hope to do eventually), but through I might be better served for now getting an A12 so i have some variety.

So the question is, for my 2nd pre..

N72
or
A12

Which do you think might serve me better?
Royce
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu May 05, 2005 3:54 pm
Location: Germantown, MD

Postby Nerdyrocker » Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:18 pm

I guess a lot of it depends on what you are recording. I am a drummer and I love recording drums so I got a pair of the A12's to start. Eventually I would like to have 4 A12's and 4 N72s. I was just hired as a full time engineer at Omega Recording Studios (www.omegastudios.com) so I will not need much of my own gear anymore but I still want a full rack of SCA pres because they are so great. I guess I will cross that bridge when I get there.
"For me, to live is Christ and to die is gain."
Nerdyrocker
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Richmond, VA

Postby Royce » Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:42 am

Yeah... thanks. I was just fishing for an opinion... I think I'll probably get an A12 for now for variety and then add a matching one to each as I can.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Thats awesome! Best of luck with the studio job.
:D :D :D
Royce
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu May 05, 2005 3:54 pm
Location: Germantown, MD


Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests