Page 1 of 1

screws, hex nuts, washers...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:36 pm
by smili
Hi all, I'm short of a few extra little parts for mounting extra modules I purchased. I'd appreciate a pointer on this info.

Is there a little bag of extra parts of the correct size screws, hex nuts, washers, I can buy? I don't have everything I need to put some extra modules in the chassis. In particular I think I need some extra little screws that connect the outputs to the back panel. I also need a few extra washers and 9/16 hex nuts w/ correct threading.

Failing that:
1) What sized little screws/threading are used to mount the modules in the back on the output xlrs?

looking at the instructions for one of the modules I'm guessing it's maybe either of these based on ct of 4.
M2.5 x6 pan head machine screw black OR
#4-40 x 1 1/4

2) also I think the bigger hex nuts 9/16 that go over the pots are threaded same as my guitar nuts which I understand are 32 thread, 3/8" - but the 9/16 size is bigger than that of a normal guitar hex nut. Seems hard to find the 9/16 height of this hex nut, at least based on some searches so far. Would a regular guitar smaller guitar hex nut work OK?

thanks in advance. any pointers appreciated for where to buy these - if home depot doesn't have I'll probably try to do ebay otherwise. thanks again

Re: screws, hex nuts, washers...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:46 pm
by tpryan
If the XLRs are un-tapped, use the M2.5x6mm trilobe parts listed in the BOM
If they have been tapped, determine if the threads are #4-40 or metric and use the appropriate screws.
Panel nuts are 3/8"x32. Use 1/2" or 9/16" - either works fine.

Order hardware here: http://www.olander.com/

Re: screws, hex nuts, washers...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:50 pm
by smili
tpryan \$m[1]:If the XLRs are un-tapped, use the M2.5x6mm trilobe parts listed in the BOM
If they have been tapped, determine if the threads are #4-40 or metric and use the appropriate screws.
Panel nuts are 3/8"x32. Use 1/2" or 9/16" - either works fine.

Order hardware here: http://www.olander.com/


thank you. I have some M2.5x6mm on the way for the XLR. I'm hoping they work. thank you. I've got some lock nut washers for the 3/8" knobs on the top. In the unit I have (purchased use) it had some of the locknuts on the inside behind the big metal plate. I was thinking they should be on the outside under the hex nut. Is there any reason the lock nut washers should be on the inside? (sorry - I'm just not very technical - It just struck me as odd that the locknut washers were on the inside behind the front metal panel when I opened it.)

Re: screws, hex nuts, washers...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:17 am
by tpryan
Is there any reason the lock nut washers should be on the inside?


No, that is incorrect assembly. You can see photos in the CH01/2 assembly instructions: http://www.seventhcircleaudio.com/CH02/ ... asmbly.pdf

Re: screws, hex nuts, washers...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:16 pm
by charlie_vela
I lost a few of my hex nuts/ xlr screws the last time i took my chassis apart. Could you possibly point me to a specific model on the olander website? I'm not having a ton of luck navigating it. All i'm finding are 3/8 x 24 hex nuts. No 32s. Thanks!