by ErikB » Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:56 am
I'm in the same situation right now. I've read just about every single post on this forum and think I can help you out. What I'm going to do is head out to radioshack, buy a bag of resistors, a perf board and practice, practice, PRACTICE! Once I'm comfortable with my soldering skills, I'm going to build a Paia preamp as my first real project. If all goes well, I'll begin ordering A12 kits...then from there...who knows!
As for books, go to amazon and do a search for Craig Anderton. He has a book called "Electronic Projects for Musicians" that I was told is very informative. Also, check out the Paia website. Their site and project kits not only come with building instructions, but they also explain the hows and whys. It's a starting point. You might also want to do some google searches on "how to solder." It sounds plain, but I've found some very informative pages.
I would hold off on the N72. Get some experience under your belt first...that's what I'm starting to do!
Liberty is the soul's room to breathe.