Page 1 of 1

Doh! I put the stop pin in the Grayhill upside down!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 2:17 am
by Category 5
Not to worry...I got it out. Using tape didn't work...gum didn't work...I even tried to solder a wire to it and pull it out. No way...

I eventually loosened the two nuts on the back of the switch, pulled the front canopy forward and used a razor blade to pop the pin out. Reassembled it all the right way.

A word of advice...mount the switch before you put in the stop pin. I would have been fine...if the switch were mounted on the left.

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Shane

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 6:40 am
by tele_player
Another solution, if you don't know where the pin goes, is to use a piece of wire first, to locate the correct hole. A staple worked for me.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:00 pm
by Category 5
Yeah, I did that. I used a piece of clipped resistor lead. Only problem was that I was holding the switch as if it were mounted on the left side of the PCB, not the right.

A clear case of new toy anticipation.

Shane