Page 1 of 1

Switchable 600 Ohm Termination?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:40 pm
by Randyman...
I have a variety of gear now - and lots of it is 600 Ohm (1176, etc). I also have some pads that are 600 Ohm - so I need a way to quickly swap my SCA's 600 Ohm Termination on and off...

So - Is there any problem with wiring up a short twisted pair from the SCA Preamps' 600 Ohm Jumper to a mini SPST Toggle mounted on the rear of the SCA Chassis? I'm guessing no more than 4"-8" of wire would be needed. Is there any need to shield this wire? I planned on using plain 20Ga Stranded Wire in a twisted pair config.

I'm planning on soldering directly to the 600-Ohm Term header - but what size connector would fit on the header if I wanted to go with a removable connector instead? (Basically a connector the same size as the shorting cap).


I already ordered 16 of these mini SPST's:
http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Mou ... OLTC0W8%3d
I can't see any issues myself - but I'm a drummer.

Thanks for any pointers.

PS - I just ordered my last two N72's! Now all 16 slots will be full :shock:

8)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:55 am
by tpryan
So - Is there any problem with wiring up a short twisted pair from the SCA Preamps' 600 Ohm Jumper to a mini SPST Toggle mounted on the rear of the SCA Chassis?


Nope.

I'm guessing no more than 4"-8" of wire would be needed. Is there any need to shield this wire?


Nope.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:43 pm
by Randyman...
Perfect! Should get this done in tandem with the last two N72 builds :)

Thanks Tim 8)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:20 pm
by Randyman...
Done! Worked like a charm. I only needed to add 14 switches as I forgot that the two C84's don't have output transformers and don't have (don't need) a 600 Ohm Termination on board...

Thaks for the confirmation

8)