Page 1 of 1

Hey Tim! Request, SCA EQ Filter Module

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:38 am
by Pepsifx357
Hey Tim,

I have a request. Would it be difficult to offer a Hi and Low cut filter module? I've been looking at DIY EQs and most of them have left off the filter or just have an 80Hz cut off switch and I use filters a lot. They would be a perfect compliment to the Mic pre's and DI you are selling. Something simple with a low cut filter on top with variable frequency and hi cut filter on the bottom also with a variable frequency. Possibly have the switch holes fitted with slope switches for each filter? Probably simple and inexpensive. I don't know how that would work with your power supply but an idea that I would buy as soon as you made it!

Love all your stuff...

Thanks,
Ben

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:18 pm
by Michael Winston
I'm for this as well... an eq or filter would be great!

I've got a couple of A12's now but have thought about getting a 500 series rack for eq's/etc that are offered (still keeping the SCA of course).

Offering something along those lines would prolong that for sure!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:23 am
by guitron
A simple EQ that would somehow work with the current chassis and power supply would be so awesome. Even just low/high pass would be very useful. The info posted on gearslutz about new SCA products looks really cool, but personally I'm a bit disappointed that there were no new kits mentioned. I have no doubt that whatever Tim comes out with will be amazing, but I'm very partial to the DIY aspect of SCA.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:12 pm
by Jezza
I'm for it too! Somehow I'll bet Tim has other things on his plate though. There are so many ways to EQ that it's probably WAY off his radar.

For the average recording session microphone and preamp choice is plenty of EQ for the input stage anyway...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:14 pm
by Pepsifx357
Big Bump for 2011!!!!

I just bought the B16 by the way. Totally lovin' it!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:27 am
by mdmitch2
FYI, Tim recently mentioned on this board that an EQ is in the works, but it might be a while. No specifics were given.

Re: Hey Tim! Request, SCA EQ Filter Module

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:35 am
by agershon
Resurrecting this thread because I would also really love some SCA EQ.

A stereo pair of parametric EQ would be tres awesome.

Re: Hey Tim! Request, SCA EQ Filter Module

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:31 pm
by allbaldo
Totally want an eq! That would be excellent.