Page 1 of 1

SCA cloned pre-amp model breakdown?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:43 pm
by lordcasio
[preface]; I own a SCA pre with a N72 and a J99. Bought it prebuilt and love it. Was turned onto SCA via a pal who uses the A12's (I think).

So, what I am curious about, is a ballpark idea of what each "clone" is modeled after (keeping in mind that some are tweakable, like the "A12=Pacifica")?

I understand that it might be taboo for official SCA folks to comment on this one as it can potentially cause legal trouble, so maybe all of you expert SCA users could chime in with your 2 cents.

So far I gather that::

N72= Neve (although, is there a specific series?)
A12= API

...and there was some guy on ebay selling SCA "Millennia" clones, but I didn't pick up which clone that was.

Sorry if this has already been addressed at some earlier point on the forum, but I was unable to unearth that thread. Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:42 am
by jmoore
N72 - Neve 1272
A12 - API 312
J99 - John Hardy Twin Servo
C84 - Millennia
T15 - sort of it's own thing, but similar to DAV BG-1 and FMR RNP...i think...