Doh! I put the stop pin in the Grayhill upside down!

Post general questions or comments about electronics and kit building here. Save specific questions for the forums below.

Doh! I put the stop pin in the Grayhill upside down!

Postby Category 5 » Tue Dec 07, 2004 2:17 am

Not to worry...I got it out. Using tape didn't work...gum didn't work...I even tried to solder a wire to it and pull it out. No way...

I eventually loosened the two nuts on the back of the switch, pulled the front canopy forward and used a razor blade to pop the pin out. Reassembled it all the right way.

A word of advice...mount the switch before you put in the stop pin. I would have been fine...if the switch were mounted on the left.

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Shane
Category 5
 
Posts: 211
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2004 10:08 pm

Postby tele_player » Tue Dec 07, 2004 6:40 am

Another solution, if you don't know where the pin goes, is to use a piece of wire first, to locate the correct hole. A staple worked for me.
tele_player
 
Posts: 410
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2004 4:09 pm

Postby Category 5 » Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:00 pm

Yeah, I did that. I used a piece of clipped resistor lead. Only problem was that I was holding the switch as if it were mounted on the left side of the PCB, not the right.

A clear case of new toy anticipation.

Shane
Category 5
 
Posts: 211
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2004 10:08 pm


Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests