Peak LED

Post general questions or comments about electronics and kit building here. Save specific questions for the forums below.

Peak LED

Postby ParlorMusic » Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:43 pm

Would it be too difficult to wire up a peak LED so that I can have a visual reference? I'm a novice DIYer, so go slowly. :roll:
-Jim
ParlorMusic
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 7:04 pm

Postby Category 5 » Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:34 pm

The A12 actually has an extra output winding on the secondary of the output transformer that could be easily used to drive a full on meter. The only problem I see is stepping voltage down to give the meter 15 volts instead of the 27 from the PSU.

Don't know about the N72 and J99 but my guess is that tapping the secondary to drive a meter would probably cuase distortion on the output.

Shane
Category 5
 
Posts: 211
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2004 10:08 pm


Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 38 guests