Confermation Needed....

Post general questions or comments about electronics and kit building here. Save specific questions for the forums below.

Confermation Needed....

Postby George » Fri May 16, 2008 4:07 pm

I noticed that the original instructions mentions to rely more the schematics the the PCB layout and parts list values. This looks like it was from a few years back, 2006. So In order for me so save time building these 8 units can I now assume in 2008 that the PCB values and the parts list are totally reliable and exact to the schematics?

This would save me big time. I'm pretty dam good at soldering but it took me 5 hours on the N72 just to get the resistors and ceramic caps in because I was paranoid about what I read in that something could be a miss match on the PCb and parts list

Please advise

thanks
George
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:05 am

Postby tpryan » Fri May 16, 2008 5:26 pm

I'm not aware of any problems but I can't guarantee there aren't any. Did you find any discrepancies on your first module?
tpryan
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2078
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2003 11:32 pm

Postby George » Sat May 17, 2008 8:50 am

Hi Tim, I was just referring to page 4 of the N72 assembly instructions; " if the resistor value silk screened on the board doesn't agree with the value on the schematic, follow the schematic".

This sounded like there may be a conflict, so I was double checking every part before I put it on. and it made for a slower install.

So you're saying that all the silk screened values on all the boards are correct to their parts list then?
George
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:05 am

Postby tpryan » Sat May 17, 2008 9:46 am

I'm saying that the silkscreen values are there as an aid, but you should check against the schematic to make sure you're installing the right resistor in the right location. I'm not aware of any discrepancies between the schematic, BoM and silkscreen, but that doesn't mean there aren't any.
tpryan
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2078
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2003 11:32 pm

Postby George » Sat May 17, 2008 11:41 am

10-4
George
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:05 am


Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest