Lifting a Pad from the PCB

Post general questions or comments about electronics and kit building here. Save specific questions for the forums below.

Lifting a Pad from the PCB

Postby cominginsecond » Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:30 pm

I'm working on my N72, and I've accidentally lifted a pad while removing a component. I don't think the pad is connected to a trace, so is it actually a big deal that it was lifted from the PCB? Do I still need to repair it/get it repaired?
cominginsecond
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:15 pm

Postby tpryan » Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:36 pm

No, but be extra careful from now on.
tpryan
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2078
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2003 11:32 pm

Postby Karl » Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:12 am

Me did stoopid thing....

I soldered the LED (D1?) in wrong on my 1st A12 (didn't notice the flat side of the bulb that matches with the flat side of the PCB!!) and had to pull it and reverse it.... In the process one of the pads looked like it lifted... I successfully soldered it back in the right way round, but should I be worried about this? I have not had a chance to power it up yet.... thought I'd ask and hopefully get an answer before I get that far....
Karl
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:34 pm
Location: Ft. Wayne, IN

Postby Nisso27 » Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:00 pm

karl i did the same thing d1 wrong way had to remove it and i lifted a pad on top side i to am wondering if this is a major issue :( hope we get a word on this
Nisso27
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:53 pm

Postby Karl » Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:34 am

I just re-soldered it and it worked fine. I've been using my pres since late August with no problems or unwanted noise. I'm sure the connection's good and I'm not worried about it anymore. Do you have any problems with yours?
Karl
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:34 pm
Location: Ft. Wayne, IN


Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Josephincef and 4 guests