They Arrived!!!!!

Post general questions or comments about electronics and kit building here. Save specific questions for the forums below.

They Arrived!!!!!

Postby Nisso27 » Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:32 am

Got my 2 A-12's and 2 N-72's today.Now after inspecting the units im not to sure there is any way i can build these. I figured they would include step by step instructions but none were to be found,do i just use the online version??Or figure out how to read schematic's?? And for the soldering you solder on the back,does the sodler have to melt all the way to the front side?
Nisso27
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:53 pm

Postby Karl » Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:12 am

Sounds like you need to do some more research.

Yes, all instructions are on the website. Follow them CAREFULLY and double check your BOM (parts list) and the schematic before commiting them to soldering. There is a lot of "hidden" info buried in the forums here, so just start reading as much as you can. I had a lot of time to do this before my kits arrived, so I was about 90% ready when they got here. There are still a few things I'm unclear on myself.... Hence the term "DIY"...

Good luck!!
Karl
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:34 pm
Location: Ft. Wayne, IN

Postby Nisso27 » Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:48 am

I guess ill need to read alot :P i figured they would come with instructions like Step 1 part # goes to C?? on board and orientate this way etc etc.
Nisso27
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:53 pm

Postby Reggie » Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:28 pm

Some tips: Check your part number on the Bill of Materials to find out where it is located. Don't assume that two pieces that look the same are the same. check closely (I screwed up a few times on that one). Make sure you check for parts that have polarity. Solder cleanly.
Reggie
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:19 pm
Location: Missouri


Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests