The front panel switches

Post questions or comments about the D11 here.

The front panel switches

Postby Dean Roddey » Fri May 22, 2009 11:09 am

What exactly to the front panel switches do? From the schematic it appears to switch between two different input resistances, but there's nothing that actually describes that the practical effect of that would be.
Dean Roddey
Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd
www.charmedquark.com
Dean Roddey

Postby tpryan » Fri May 22, 2009 12:15 pm

Steps 36 through 38 describe the action of the switches. The practical effect of different loading will depend on what you have plugged into the module.
tpryan
Site Admin

Postby Dean Roddey » Fri May 22, 2009 1:07 pm

Doh! I just skimmed through that portion of the document and missed that. Sorry. I hang my head in shame...
Dean Roddey
www.charmedquark.com
Dean Roddey

Postby Dean Roddey » Fri May 22, 2009 1:22 pm

BTW, are the instructions that you have to drill out the holes in the faceplate for the DI still valid? It looks like they've already been partially enlarged on the back and that the DI connectors do slip into them correctly as shipped.

I'd also like to say that whoever invented Molex is right up there on my Crimes Against Humanity list.
Dean Roddey
www.charmedquark.com
Dean Roddey

Postby tpryan » Sun May 31, 2009 9:43 pm

are the instructions that you have to drill out the holes in the faceplate for the DI still valid?

They're valid for the hundreds of people who have front panels that aren't already drilled out. Currently shipping chassis don't require drilling.
tpryan
Site Admin

Return to D11