Front panel switch for jumper settings

Post questions or comments about the D11 here.

Front panel switch for jumper settings

Postby jlearman » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:50 am

I've been thinking about how I want J1 and J2 jumpered...Having one of them jumped would be nice for sending the signal to two different pre's, but I'd also like to jump across J1 and J2 so that I could send the input signal back out to a guitar amp and still record the dry signal. Obviously it's way to much of a pain to be going in and out of the rack to change this...so is there anyway to hook up an outboard switch to do this? My initial thought was that I could just drill a small hole in the panel somewhere...but then I wondered if it would be possible to make it so that of the two existing switches, the top one controls the impedance for both inputs (because you'd rarely need them to be different), and the bottom selects the jumper setting.

I this just wishful thinking, or is it a mod that's actually possible? I have no idea what kind of switch I'd need nor how to wire it up.
jlearman

Postby tpryan » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:58 am

and the bottom selects the jumper setting

That's the problem. There's no way to do it with the existing single pole switch. You need to switch 2 poles to 3 different states, one of which is "on" while the other is "off", so a rotary switch is probably called for.
tpryan
Site Admin

Return to D11