Page 1 of 1

Looks like big problem!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:42 pm
by boneglove
I have the power supply built with it's off switch and led. I had D11 hooked to it. The led was blinking on first power up. Possibly some of the leds inside the case were too. Nothing seemed hot or smoking. Tried measurements from pin 1 to 2 and 3 to 2 which were going up in 1 increments.I took it off power and tried N72. I got my N72 to adjust to 22.6 with it hooked up the same molex connector, so it seems to be working.
When I tried again with the D11 it was on for 20 30 seconds or so and C24 the 1500uf 50 v popped like a champagne cork! The black plastic cover shot off and I removed power and it smoked for 3 minutes! Woops. I do not know where to go form here. SHIT!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:08 pm
by boneglove
Ok I installed the cap backwards. I have installed a new one and here are the measurements I get. J7 p1-p2 1.933 and climbing, p2-p3 2.162 and climbing. With power applied, pin 2 of J7 to R15 I get 21.58, from R32 -21.82. Obviously not 24 and -24. I'm checking everything I can. Any suggestions?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:51 pm
by tpryan
Those voltages sound like they're from the load side of the resistors and are probably just fine. Does it pass signal?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:32 pm
by boneglove
Haven't tried because it was not close enough to 24 as per D11 directions. I guess I will try then right. The diodes at D9 and D10 on the top solder joints on the back where real close together. I tried to remove solder from there but seems now there is a solid silver contact with each other from the pad, with solder removed. Hope that is how it is and not me.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:21 pm
by boneglove
I think it is ok! I plugged my bass into the D11 and out to both N72's and it sounded great!