Stuck on step 10

Post questions or comments about the T15 here.

Stuck on step 10

Postby jamwell » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:01 pm

Hello,
I am trying to build the T15, the first of 4 that I ordered, and like the subject says I'm stuck on step 10, which reads:
"Add the 0.1” headers and shorting jumpers at J1 and J2. Install the headers with the long pins up! The jumpers connect pin 1 of CONN1 and CONN2 to ground as shown in the table above. Unless you encounter issues with ground loop hum, jumper pins 2 and 3 on both headers as shown at right. A jumper must be installed at J1 to complete the phantom power circuit."

First, I do not see J1 or J2 printed on my board. Judging from the picture in the instructions, I'm supposed to be putting something in-between CONN1 and CONN2, but on my board, that space says CONN4. Second, I don't seem to have the part in the picture included with my kit, although this might be because the picture is of low quality and I can't see it clearly. However, it looks as though that part would not fit in my "CONN4" slot regardless. Lastly, parts for J1, J2, and CONN4 are not listed on my bill of materials.

So what exactly am I supposed to do at this step? Am I missing a part(s), or just overlooking something?

I hope I was able to describe my problem/question clearly, as I am still fairly new to work like this.
jamwell

Re: Stuck on step 10

Postby tpryan » Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:27 am

So what exactly am I supposed to do at this step?

Skip it. Updated instructions will be posted ASAP.
tpryan
Site Admin

Postby jamwell » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:35 am

Any estimate as to when updated instructions will be posted?

I skipped step 10 and now every piece that was shipped for one board has been placed. However, there are a few discrepancies/concerns i have that I'm hoping will be cleared up. My main concern is regarding one of the 1/4W Metal Film Resistors, Ref-R17, value 1k10. This part does not seem to be in any kit, but after laying down the rest of the resistors, I was left with one. It's marked gold, red, brown, brown. It's like this in all of them. So I went out and purchased 4 resistors that matched the 1k10 value since it's what the schematic showed as well. Was this necessary or was the part I was sent the correct part?
jamwell

Postby tpryan » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:33 pm

gold, red, brown, brown

Brown, Brown, Red, Gold is 1.1K, 5%. Did you try measuring it?
tpryan
Site Admin

Return to T15