Planning to buy T15, have general questions about my rig

Post questions or comments about the T15 here.

Planning to buy T15, have general questions about my rig

Postby TheJudasBull » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:47 am

Hi everyone, please forgive me if this is too newbish, but I am really wanting to avoid previous mistakes I've made in purchasing incompatible equipment for my recording rig. I am a musician making the perhaps ill-advised choice to get more serious about recording, and my next addition to my studio will be a good pre of some sort. So I'd like to describe my setup and make sure my plans are at least somewhat based in reality.

I record on an iMac using Logic Studio 9, and my main interface is a Zoom R24. I would like to get the t15 to start because I am on a limited budget and my electronic skills are not terribly developed. I figure with the chassis and everything, if this works out I can expand to other modules over the next couple of years.

I emailed Tim about this as well but I figured I would post here to hopefully avoid wasting too much of his time :) He did inform me that I will need 20dB pads in between the pre and the interface, and I just want to make sure I get what I need. So is the output from the T15 XLR (male?), which would go into the pad, and then into the XLR female input on my R24? Is there anything else I'm not considering that someone with more experience would cringe at and tell me I'm doing it wrong?

Thanks for any input, I am really excited to dip my toes into DIY territory and try out some gear I've read such good things about. I just can't afford to buy a new interface in addition to investing in the preamp.

-Dan
TheJudasBull

Postby tpryan » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:15 pm

So is the output from the T15 XLR (male?), which would go into the pad, and then into the XLR female input on my R24?

Right. If you're on a budget and have the time, pads are easy to make - do some google searching for details.
tpryan
Site Admin

Return to T15