T15 U3? White noise. Please HELP!!!

Post questions or comments about the T15 here.

T15 U3? White noise. Please HELP!!!

Postby MrWes » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:17 pm

Just purchased two T15's.

Assembled both at the same time, identically. One works, one doesnt.
Same xlr cables, same power supply. Same everything. But one issue im running into is there is a NASTY white/distorted noise I get from my input. I hear the signal coming from the mic, but its literally covered in this white noise sound.

Im seeing a repetitive subject abt the U3 Line Driver (THAT 1646) and the chances of it being a possible culprit behind this common issue.

Unfortunately, I dont have any measuring tools, and will really have to play this by ear.

Does anyone have any ideas?
MrWes

Postby tpryan » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:08 am

First, get a DMM and learn to use it.

Second, verify that the DC voltages as described in step 29 of the assembly instructions.

Third, measure the voltage at U1, pin 6.

Let us know what you find.
tpryan
Site Admin

Postby MrWes » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:36 am

I know i'm late.. I hadn't been so involved with the pre amp until now. Making an attempt to use it, with another T15 for makeup stage gain on DIY summing mixer..

I ended up learning how to read a DMM.. and turned out that the U1 "THAT 1512" Audio Amp was faulty, so I got a replacement but it was the Analog Devices version "SSM2019BNZ"

Cranked it up (closing my ears, hunched away) hoping it wouldn't blow up, and sure enough.. VOILA!! Sang like the fat lady with Doubler4 and Antares Autotune EVO..

Havent had the chance to actually try them out to see their performance on the makeup stage gain of the summing application setup, but I will surely post the results of that in the coming days..

Thanks again..
-Mr Wes
MrWes

Return to T15