Page 1 of 1

U1-U4 mixup

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:06 am
by adrianloera
So I just finished up the entire t15 then when it came down to retracing my steps i realized i put pieces u1-u4 in scrambled order.. :shock:
reason being was because the instructions only mentioned the ic markings and the pcb didn't have markings on it regarding p/n..i know i know still dumbass mistake (on my part)

So I guess if Tim )or anyone(reads this i'd like to know if these parts are interchangeable or not?
If they're not, im ready to reorder my parts and fix it up..
I guess im not that pissed though cause the t15 is so economically priced
I saw this pre as my crash course into electronics anyway..

best regards

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:56 am
by tpryan
'd like to know if these parts are interchangeable or not?


Definitely not. If you're careful, you should be able to remove the parts without damaging the board. The easiest way is with a small heat gun. Whether or not the parts will survive is another story, especially the 1512.

replacements, solutions?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:27 am
by adrianloera
bummer..
hey tim I tried desoldering the components but some of em lost their leads on the way out. I was able to salvage the 1646 and 1512 no problems. If I lost 3 of the leads on the OPA134PA,LT1013CP(U4,U2) will the piece still function missing leads? I checked mouser.com for replacements but two of the pieces are on backorder for an extended period of time.