Non-Polarized Electrolytic Capacitors

Post questions or comments about the T15 here.

Non-Polarized Electrolytic Capacitors

Postby crackerann877 » Mon May 04, 2009 8:50 pm

So I am building a T15, and I got to the first testing stage and I am not getting any reading whatsoever when I measure the resistance between pins 1 and 2, or 2 and 3 on the 6-pin header/J3. I have checked all of the polarity on the diodes and capacitors and I was wondering if my problem could be the 4.7uf and 10uf Nichicon Capacitors.

Electrolytic capacitors are usually polarized but the assembly instructions say these are not and there are no marking to indicate otherwise. Is this correct that they are not polarized?

What else could be my problem. I have re-flowed all of my solders and made sure that everything is in exactly the right place. Is it possible that I have used to much solder and a short is happening at the bottom of a capacitor? Help.

Thanks in advance.
crackerann877
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 8:05 pm

Postby tpryan » Mon May 04, 2009 9:36 pm

So I am building a T15, and I got to the first testing stage and I am not getting any reading whatsoever when I measure the resistance between pins 1 and 2, or 2 and 3 on the 6-pin header/J3.


What you're looking for is "not a short". No reading whatsoever is probably your meter's way of telling you the resistance is too high for it to display, which is exactly what you want to see.
tpryan
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2078
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2003 11:32 pm


Return to T15

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests