Page 1 of 1

2 channels of T15s, very happy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:47 pm
by greg
Completed 2 channels of T15s in December. These are my first SCA pres. So far I've tracked acoustic guitar and some electric guitar. I recorded the acoustic track with an MS mic configuration. Sounds great, cuts thru the mix effortlessly. My KM184 as mid mic and T15 mate up very well. Used a large diaphragm condenser for the figure of 8 side mic.

Also recorded a gainy classic rock track with my tele on the bridge pup, really crunchy. The T15 held up well in this application. I drove the front end hard and used the full fader trim to reduce the output signal. Nice feature. So far I'm a happy camper. The build was very easy and the instructions were good but not what I would consider drop dead easy. Fortunately I have previously built one amp and many pedals so the previous experience was helpful in getting thru this build.

Great product and great value!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:59 am
by tpryan
Any specific suggestions on how instructions could be improved?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:59 pm
by greg
See my new post in the A12 section.