A12 not working, no voltage on pin 6

Post questions or comments about the A12 here.

A12 not working, no voltage on pin 6

Postby astewie26 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:14 pm

Ok guys so I just bought a A12 , this was my first time giving a preamp an assembly . I now has some problems with it, I followed the instructions to a T and when I went to go calibrate it I get the appropriate v-+18 for r25 and r29 , then here's my problem I set my dmm to the lowest voltage setting and try testing pin 4, and 6 but get no reading, everything seems installed the right way around. And nothing's backwards . Something that confused me was c4 and c5 being installed backwards but it said to match + on the part with + on board which would make them
Facing each other. So unless I Mis read that is the only thing I could've thought would be wrong, when I plugged it in I get a static in the background to my daw and no sound other than that.
Please help guys!
astewie26

Re: A12 not working, no voltage on pin 6

Postby tpryan » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:37 pm

I set my dmm to the lowest voltage setting and try testing pin 4, and 6 but get no reading

Very suspicious - usually means the value is off scale. See what your DMM's instruction manual has to say. Better to start with the highest setting first and work your way down, anyway.
tpryan
Site Admin

Return to A12