power-up test with or without op-amps?

Post questions or comments about the J99 here.

power-up test with or without op-amps?

Postby dbonin » Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:24 am

My first J99 - ready to start the power up test but it's not crystal clear to me if the op-amps need to be on the board before I begin testing or not.

There is no step that says, "add in both op-amps" so I'm not sure what to do for testing.

I see the bias adjustment steps mention them, which is clear, but not for voltage adjustment.

Thanks!!
-Don
dbonin

Re: power-up test with or without op-amps?

Postby dbonin » Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:41 am

ok, looking closly again at WHERE the doc is guiding me on the board (thought I learned this the last time) I see that it is logical to have the opamps off the board - would be hard to test with them covering the sockets! ....so, the purpose of the test is to adjust voltage BEFORE plugging in the oppamps. This makes sense when I think about it, but it could be mentioned in the docs that that is the goal of the test. A few words may help make this perfectly clear.

OK, I'm off to perform a smoke test and adjust voltage....

Merry Christmas!

PS: If Santa brings all of us SCA preamps, what does he bring to Tim at SCA? Assuming Tim has been "nice" all year.... :)

dbonin \$m[1]:My first J99 - ready to start the power up test but it's not crystal clear to me if the op-amps need to be on the board before I begin testing or not.

There is no step that says, "add in both op-amps" so I'm not sure what to do for testing.

I see the bias adjustment steps mention them, which is clear, but not for voltage adjustment.

Thanks!!
-Don
dbonin

Return to J99