One Shot work in Chassis?

Post general questions or comments about electronics and kit building here. Save specific questions for the forums below.

One Shot work in Chassis?

Postby blbar10 » Thu May 02, 2019 6:14 pm

I am still working on filling out my 8-slot Chassis. So bummed to see the kits disappearing. Kinda deperate for another N72. Can a One Shot pre be removed and put in the older system? My guess is that there won't be a way to connect power.
blbar10

Re: One Shot work in Chassis?

Postby willy » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:17 am

I'm in the same situation :( :(
willy

Postby john1056 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:28 am

I think the N72s were the only preamp that worked on all the versions of the chassis, the very oldest chassis only worked with N72 modules, the others required modification. You can download the one shot instructions and see how they are assembled. I would be surprised if the ribbon connector in the chassis isn't exactly the same as connection in the one shot. There are some modifications as I recall to the one shot modules to allow for the high impedance connection on the one shot font panel.
john1056

Postby Category 5 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:54 pm

It will work in either chassis. You may have to reverse a couple of modifications that route the audio fro the DI side, through the output of the pre, but that should be pretty trivial by following the instructions online.
Category 5

Return to General Discussion