B16 - Transformer or not?

Post questions or comments about the B16 here.

B16 - Transformer or not?

Postby jmettam » Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:50 am

Hi All,

I am finally ready to pull the trigger on a couple of B16 kits but I am looking for some feedback on wether or not to use a transformer.

These will be used along with SCA preamps that have transformers in them (A12, N72, J99). I am aware of the benefits of the transformer for color and ground isolation but have also read about the potential of crosstalk without the divider panels (these will go in a CH01 chassis). The wiring in my studio is pretty good with multiple circuits for power.

Any opinions or feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

John
jmettam

Re: B16 - Transformer or not?

Postby jmettam » Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:57 pm

Now that I have finished building my 4x B16s, I thought I would follow up with some additional info. I hope others find this helpful!

RE: Adding a Transformer or NOT when installing the B16 into a CH01 chassis, form cory:

"In this case its really boils down to if you want the transformer color or not. It will function exactly the same with or without a transformer. It will add color with one, and be as transparent as possible without. It is a simple add later if you do change your mind to install one. Thanks!"
jmettam

Return to B16