B16 props

Post questions or comments about the B16 here.

B16 props

Postby Troc » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:16 pm

Just finished building a B16. I had one that was assembled by someone else and wanted to create a linked pair so I took the plunge. I absolutely love the sound of these on my drum bus. They both have the steel transformer option and I took the liberty of adding a on/off switch on one of the subpanels for easy link/unlinking. The sound is stunningly good to my ear.
Even with no compression, the tracks sounded more authoritative, a certain weight was added that pulled the drum sound together. I'm guessing that the transformers are a big part of this, as I haven't heard the B16s with out them.
Anyway, two big thumbs up SCA! I have every intention of building two more to complete my CH02 :D 4XA12, 2XB16 so far...
Troc

Re: B16 props

Postby PJD3 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:30 am

I should add in also that my B16 is serving me well. It provides some presence and weight when desired. It can be suble and it can be dramatic. And the mix feature is very useful, you can have the benefit of compression but bring in some of the original dynamic of the signal. I hope one day to also have a another one that can be coupled with my first one for 2 channel compression.

Thanks SCA, love all my modules.

Phil Donovan
First things first.
PJD3

Return to B16