B16 Problem

Post questions or comments about the B16 here.

B16 Problem

Postby landstrom27 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:33 pm

I soldered in the I.C.'s after checking voltages, now when I connect the b16 to the ps and turn on the power, the power indicator lights barely turn on. So, I turned the power off and disconnected the B16 from power supply then turned the power back on and the power indicator lights turn on like normal. Surely I did something wrong. Anybody have any advice?
landstrom27

Re: B16 Problem

Postby PJD3 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:46 pm

Well,I know its year later but, I did find that one of the voltage regulators on the B16 is very close in proximity to the chassis. When I installed my B16 into the chassis the power supply would shut down shortly after turn on and then would not turn on. I recalled someone else having this issue and discovered that the regulator at the edge of the PCB was leaning against the chassis. I looked at mine and discoved this was also happening to my B16. I put a piece of insulating paper between the regulator and chassis with a little RTV to hold it and its fine now. I am a little worried if the shorting caused any damage to the B16 but hopefully the Power Supply shutdown feature saved the B16. I just need to go back and do a thorough check on the B16. Cant wait to put it to use!
First things first.
PJD3

Return to B16